Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Late Night Thoughts


     So, it’s 1:15 AM and I can’t sleep due to my crazy dogs freaking out over a small thunderstorm storm; I have decided to be productive and write on this blog to help fulfill the class requirement. 
     To be honest, I’m still not really sure how I feel about blogging and using Twitter (two things that I have to do for the Instructional Apps. of the Internet course).  I’m not someone who likes to announce everything I am thinking and doing on the internet for everyone and anyone to read.  However, as I explore the topics in more depth,  I am beginning to see some possible benefits for these programs.  For educators, I think social communication apps. (like Twitter and blogs) could be used to create even more open lines of communication with students, parents, and other educators.  Teachers could use these internet apps. to post updates about what is going on in class; students and parents could then follow the feeds and be better informed of what is going on.  Students could also share their thoughts on topics (such as current academic content exploration or books they are reading) any time of the day or night with the teacher and other students.  Students could also use them to find help on homework or studying.  However, privacy and protection would still be a concern for me if I were to begin having my second graders participate in blogging; I’d have to look into finding a blogging program that is kid-friendly and safe for them to use. 
     All in all, my thoughts on computer apps. such as Twitter and blogging are beginning to change; I just need to remember that it’s all in how each user chooses to utilize the tools.

Royalty Free Vector Clip Art Illustration Of A Blond Woman Thinking by Rosie Piter
   

No comments:

Post a Comment