Saturday, July 6, 2013

Practice with Podcasting

     So, I finally finished creating my second podcast with Audacity, and I have to admit that I think I like creating them.  I've decided that podcasts could be a good way to provide extra help for students and reviews of the content that was explored in class.  I can see myself creating such "Homework Helper" podcasts for use within my classroom and posting them on our class website for students to access from home.  I created my "Homework Helper: Water Cycle" podcast with the thought that it could be accessed by students at home for a quick review of water cycle information and for further clarification of their homework (a water cycle experiment).   

     All in all, I think podcasts are a quick and easy way for teachers to share information on the web so students can access it at home.  Students can play the podcasts as many times as needed in order to sufficiently review the content matter.  The short amount of time that it takes to record and edit podcasts is well worth it when it benefits student learning!  I encourage you to give podcasting a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment